If you adapt your emails marketing to mobile devices, but you do not do it well, it is as if you were not adapting. In this post I expose 6 errors that you should avoid if you want to do a good Adaptive Design in Email.
The Responsive Email has become essential in e-marketing in recent years. 2015 was the year of Responsive Email and Digital Newsletter, and this 2016 design emails and start to think first mobile screen. not worth to tailor emails to mobile in any way, but it must be done properly and taking into account various factors that may affect the effectiveness of the design.
The design and layouts are only two small-part equation. No doubt they are the most visible. But other factors are to be taken into account so that the user experience is as gratificable possible. So in this post we present six mistakes to avoid when you adapt your emails to the mobile screen:
1. The first and the most dangerous of errors is to underestimate the importance of Design Responsive Email. Those who do not even give it the importance that actually requires are missing many opportunities. Today, our smartphones and our tablets are our faithful companions. They accompany us to the sofa, work, on our walks or hangouts … Most times they are there for us. So many situations in which surf the internet for “gossiping” products or services, read articles, watch videos … In short, we are continuously connected and that offers many opportunities for brands to deliver products and services according to the needs given each user. According to a survey of buyers CreditCard United States, only 6% of users buy on impulse via the mobile device compared to 13% in Desktop and 81% in physical stores. That’s because the commercial pressure that could be done at the time when the user accesses a web page and provides the data to obtain information about a product or service, is not effective enough. The emails should arrive at just the right moment being considered an option to help the user to opt to purchase. Therefore, do not underestimate the Responsive Email and Make the most you can.
2. Do not take into account the different screen sizes. There are many types of smartphones and tablets. Some bigger, some smaller, some wider and more narrow. What can we do to make our emails look good on all screens? Adjust the font size, buttons and images. The Call to Action should be evident in the eyes of users. In a very small screen if we find a small button too usability of our landing may be affected. Leave enough space between the different elements to be pressed with your fingers.
Responsive Email Digital Response
3. Saturate the user content. Users who use mobile devices typically looking to get quick and easy content. So offer them only that which can interest them through simple emails, texts without excess and with few files to download for not slow downloading these documents. Anyone content that is not relevant, delete it. The Responsive Email must be visually without neglecting the message we want to convey. The design can make a good impression, but the content is what determines that the user remains. The content is what will cause a user is closer or not the process. So do not overcrowd the user and takes care of the content of your emails.
4. Another typical error is not work enough in email marketing Affairs. If the issues are not optimized emails, users may not know well what will the email they received and if they are interested or not. If already, matters are a key element in any strategy e-marketing, on mobile devices, where the user is looking for simplicity and speed even more. Solution? Create short affairs, containing a maximum of 45 characters and summarize the message of your email. It is clear and concise. Ever since creativity and originality.
5. If a user is in a cafe waiting for a friend, and see an offer you are interested in a promotional email, if the buying process that follows is not easy and quick, the user does not follow the process and fail to take out that purchase. Making the difficult conversion process is nothing more than stones throw ourselves on our own roof. The user searches for comfort. And more, if you left money on it. If your email you offer products or services with the intention of someone to buy, make sure that once the user clicks the product you are interested, this link will redirect to a customizable web and the buying process easy and fast. It provides tools to the user so that the buying process easier. An example of this would be “linkar” emails with the mobile application for the user, when you would like a product, click and you open the application at the time, if you have it installed, and if not given the option to install or redirect the user to an adaptive website that will not affect the conversion process.
6. Finally, and not least important, forget to test the Responsive Email is a great error. Before carrying out a campaign of e-marketing, you must observe and analyze how it would look on different devices and what impact it can have on different users. Do not test your designs and analyze how your users will see when they receive them on their mobile, will deprive them of possible changes and make adjustments to improve the appearance and functionality of your emails. An effective way to test your emails is carrying out a test A / B to compare two possible variants of email and see which one is most effective.
We should strive to do things right so that any attempt accrues in good achievements and therefore in great satisfaction for us as well as for our customers